It appears the fix will be a BIOS update.  In that
case this fix should be OS independent (unless your
motherboard uses windows to do its tasks [for example
some built in RAID devices]).

You may need to use a windows-based flash utility, but
if you dual boot, this shouldn't be a problem.  Just
flash the BIOS and then you should be fine.  Your
computer looks at the BIOS before it loads the
operating system.  Therefore, it should not matter
which operating system it loads.

However, please, for the love of all things geeky and
computers, follow the directions!  If you don't follow
the directions for flashing your BIOS precisely, you
could house your motherboard and your computer will
not boot.  You will either need to exchange the
motherboard somehow or get FIC to fix it for you (some
of the better flash utilities have a backup/recovery
feature, but I don't know if FIC does or not).

Take care.