I had a similar problem with an ethernet card, that in windows was irq 5 but
in linux this irq was occuped for other peripheric; the problem was solved
when I try a modprobe using memory address of the card but not irq (it was a
ethernet card compatible with ne2000 -module ne- and that used the memory
address 0x300.
I typed:
modprobe ne io=0x300
Then linux autodetected the ethenet-card and used the irq 10; the card start
to run.

Try something similar using the module of your sound card and the memory
address from windows

El Mié 02 May 2001 17:13, escribiste:

--
Francisco Alcaraz