I have Mandrake 8.0 on my Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop, recently upgraded from
7.1.   During shutdown it hangs shutting down eth0.  The typical message is

    shutting down eth0   dhcpcd[nnn]: terminating on signal 1

I can press Ctl-Alt-Del to "restart" the reboot, but since I'm actually
wanting to shut it down I have to time my press of the on/off switch
properly (the on/off switch appears to be disabled during most of the
boot/shutdown sequence) so that the disks have been dismounted but the
system hasn't actually started to reboot.

Configuration-wise, the only add-on to the laptop is a 3Com 589 PCMCIA
ethernet card.  Nothing like this happened when I was runnin 7.1, so I sort
of assume it's not a hardware problem.

Any ideas?

--
Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])