My experience is they don't work! lol

>From doing the research I did, it turns out that most USB modems are
actually WinModems/LinModems.  To date I've not seen any drivers/apps
written to handled everything to allow a USB modem to work under Linux.

So stick with the external serial modem.  At this point there's no real
advantage in Linux to go to USB modems.  The only way it would make much
of a difference would be for those of us that disable COM ports and
parallel ports in the BIOS for more IRQs.

But stick with serial for now.
tdh

T. Holmes
Unixtechs.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Real Men use Vi."

* Viboon Chaojirapant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010509 02:41]: