I'm new to Linux. I have a Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem (HSF).I manage to find a driver for this linmodem named: PCI 56K V2.2.17. I copied it to a tmp folder I patched it with something called HSF rwpatch (which was supposed to alow the driver to autodetect my modem-thing that I don't if it worked), then I used the ./ins_all script and after the instructions I found that was all I was supposed to do. In the lin hsf.inf file the ID of my modem was already there. After all this in DrakConf in Linuxconf in Miscellanous services my modem is not detected in /dev/ttyS2(COM3-that is corect in Windows). What should I do and how? In Bios I dissabled the PNP OS ( I dont' know why but I read that it might work). Maybe there is something wrong with the IRQ which in Windows  detect my modem as IRQ 10(corect). But I don't know how to verfy this in Linux.I read all the how-to's I found but still I couldn't make my modem working. Help me if you can.

I have : Linux Mandrake 7.2 , kernel 2.2.17

         2 hardisks : 2 Gb (Linux), 10 Gb (Windows Me)

         AMD K6-2 3D Now

         96 SDRAM

         ALi Motherboard

PS : Excuse me for my English.