Lanman wrote:

> John; That's exactly what I have. Install went A.O.K., and system is
> rock-solid stable. What video card and hard drive do you have?
>
> On Sunday 13 May 2001  9:48, you wrote:
> > Are there any known issues with installing Mandrake 8.0 on the mew (Mid
> > April?) Asus A7V133 motherboard with a 1.1GHz T-bird and PC133 memory?
> > This is the board that has the Promise ATA100 IDE controller built in.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any advice.  John T
>
> --
> Dan LaBine
> Maximum L.A.N.'s Ltd.
> Registered Linux User # 190712
Dan:

At the onset I will be using a 17G Quantum Fireball lct, but may replace
it with one of the newer, faster drives that are out there. I am even
thinking of experimenting with RAID 0. Has anybody got this working in
Linux? What are the performance gains with software RAID and the Promise
hardware RAID that is optional on the A7V133?

The real barrier, for me, is that I don't need the storage that even the
a two disk RAID would deliver. Well, I could probably fill a 2X20G
setup, but a 3X or 4X30 would just spin for me.

Re the video. I have an PCI Voodoo III in the box right now. I'll keep
it for the time being. Just for the record. This will replace an AMD
K6-2 200 so I expect to see some changes.  John T