You don't HAVE to get the new version. There has been TONS of info on this
problem on this very list. Go to www.mail-archive.com and search this and
other mandrakes lists. In fact, there are all the patches you need for the
thing to work on the freely available vmware news groups (go to vmware
website for the server). I have 2.0.3 working just fine.