i can't seem to get my modem to work.  it is connected properly  (via serial port).
when the lights are on showing that it is ready, but when i rund the hard drake it
does not detect it.  and every other method i have used for modem detection is the
same. i have zoom v56, is there somehthing special i have to do to it. it has the
setup cd that you would use and info for windows, but for any other os it just no info
can be found.

this modem is supposed to be compatible, am i doing something wrong or forgetting to
do something, or do i just need to rerturn the modem and get my money back.

jenn