s escribió:

> u, as in usb.
> How does one get this to work in 8.0?  I've tried reading everything on the
> sane site, but... I guess I'm a little dense (or exhausted).
>
> I have sane and all installed.  (The mdk rpms included with distro).  But
> that's about it other than having  usb /dev/usbscanner in the
> sane.d/epson.conf file.  The generic driver scanner.o doesn't seem to do the
> trick.  (When I try xsane, I get no devices found).  I tried modprobing the
> device= and vender=, but I get an error about one of the numbers (because it
> has a letter in it).
>
> I'm stuck at this point and sure would appreciate some help.
>
> -s

Have you already done the following?
1) mknod /dev/subscanner0 c 180 48
chmod 666 /dev/usbscanner0
2) Install sane & xsane
3) Edit /etc/sane.d/epson.conf to match your configuration (the only
uncommented line has to be "usb /dev/usbscanner0" without quotes)
4) You have to have usb working
insmod usbcore
insmod usb-uhci
5) insmod scanner vendor=0x04b8 product=0x0103  # Note: 0x0103 is Perfection
610 (mine)  ;)

Hope that helps.

--
        Joan Tur. Ibiza - Spain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ICQ 11407395