On Thursday 17 May 2001 09:23, Nuno Ricardo Loureiro Ferreira wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've just installed Win2000 and LM 8.0 on my machine.
> The instalation went fine (think).
> After reboot, the graphical lilo bootloader presented me with an entrie
> called linux-nonfb (/boot/vmlinux). Can any tux friend, elucidate me about
> this?
>
> Regards,
> Nuno Ferreira
That is the linux-non framebuffer kernel.  It will not run Aurora, so no
graphical startup, but its memory footprint is lower if you are using X, and
its speed should be slightly better.  Also, Quake II and Quake III, among
other games, do not like to run with a framebuffer kernel, so it is
appropriate to boot nonfb if you are going to play graphic-intensive games.

Civileme

Civileme