Yeah, "complete" is simply a workstation install.  It
does have some stuff that the download version doesn't
have.  The download version is ONLY GPL software.  The
"Complete" boxed set will have non-GPL software (like
Star Office and Real Player).  However, the linux
itself is a bit slim because it is geared toward
workstation users only.

Most of us on this list would prefer the PowerPack.
If you're going to purchase a boxed set, the PowerPack
is probably for you.  If you don't want to spend the
cash, download or purchase (for dirt cheap) the GPL
version.

I purchased the "Complete" version before too.  It was
a bit disappointing.  It's not the end of the world,
though, because you can download what you need.  But
it was easier to just scratch my Complete install and
use the GPL version.  I intend to buy the Mandrake 8.0
PowerPack set soon.