On Tue, 22 May 2001 11:02, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> Being Java based, LimeWire should be
> expected to be quite slow and memory-hungry compared to a native
> GNU/Linux app. I have found LimeWire to be a *huge* resource hog,
> eating up all of my RAM (all of 256MB) and most of my CPU cycles (I
> have a Pentium II-350, which shouldn't be that slow at all).

Sridhar, as a Java developer, I know that Java programs are not
necessarily like that. and in fact I haven't had that problem at all with
phex. Do you know if you are using Sun's JDK and HotSpot? I use
phex quite a lot on an Athlon 750 + 256M RAM, and I happily send
mail, browse the web, play music and serve files all at the same time
without ever noticing the CPU meter getting excited.

john