Okay, sorry 'bout  that. I'm not sure if it is IDE or not. It's defintely not
SCSI! The data ribbon cable (from the tape drive) connects directly into the
data ribbon cable on my floppy drive. It uses QIC 120 mb cartridges. As for
the question "Have you tried using any standard devices in /dev?" well shoot
how would a NEWBIE know they were even there?? I did ask WHAT was the
proceedure for setting up a tape drive in Linux in my original post, because
I didn't know!
Now that you've mentioned it, I will go try that. Thank you for the input.
Michael