Well Ed...I wish I could explain exactly how I got it working; but I
cannot. I got totally frustrated and yanked everything out of my
computer and went through everything I could think of to make sure
there were no conflicts as I put everything back in. Then I defaulted
the BIOS and reconfigured that. Went into LM set kppp to ttyS1 (I had
changed the jumpers on the modem) and dialed and was connected before
I knew what hit me...my best guess is that there was a conflict I
wasn't catching and in the throes of my tantrum I fluked a fix.

But while I am here again......

I am compiling PHP4 with MYSQL and Apache when I compile PHP I get the
following error:

(everything is fine until)
checking for flex... lex
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up

So am I right in thinking it can't find Bison?
I couldn't find it so I downloaded the latest version and installed
it and tried again and get the same result... I tried to install FLEX
but it stop when looking for yacc...

Any suggestions?

John,