-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Todd Flinders
Sent: Thursday, 24 May 2001 1:21 AM
To: Paul; newbie
Subject: Re: [newbie] CD Writer

Um...what?  Unless Yamaha has a brand spanking new
burner, it is NOT an OEM of a plextor.  Yamaha does
not have burn proof technology like the Plextor does.
And it's latest model is reported to be unstable.

Also most of the Yamaha drivers are not supported by
the CloneCD software while Plextor is.

I strongly believe they are two very different drives.

Incidentally, I own a Yamaha and I do not recommend
it.  It's certainly not the worst drive on the market,
but you can get much better for about the same price.

Plextor or TDK is the way to go.  Plextor is probably
the safest for Linux.  I haven't heard anything from
anyone using a TDK in Linux.