check out Yellow Dog for Mac bub. i've used it before and
it was pretty cool. unfortunantely, i didn't get to install
anything on it since it was a work machine. i'm pretty sure
the standard install (rpm) should work for almost any
distrib of linux...with the exceptional few like Debian
(which, by the way, is VERY cool)

good luck and remember, the only TROUBLE you're making for
the list is not asking questions. that's what it's here for
man..silly questions or not.

--

+-----
+  Jeffrey M. Reed