If you really want to be thorough, disable swap space in Windows (see
below) before doing the defrag, so that even your swap space gets
defragged. Once defrag is done, then re-enable swap, or you will run into
many out-of-memory problems!

How to disable swap:
1. Right-click My Computer icon, select Properties.
2. Select the Performance tab.
3. Click the Virtual Memory button.
4. Select the Let Me Specify My Own Virtual Memory Settings radio button,
then click the Disable Virtual Memory checkbox.
5. Click OK all the way out, then you will be prompted to reboot. Do it.
6. After rebooting, run scandisk and then defrag.
reboot again.

Dave

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 06:35, thus spake Chales A. Punch:

--
"Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecuna possit."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 B.C.