>Now if I log in as root, it works, but as different user...no. So I guess
>I'll have to do it all again as the user.
Actually, you don't have to do it again as the user.  What has to happen is
that user *must* be a member of the sound group (it's either sound or
audio, I think).  If they aren't, they will not be allowed to play sounds.

To add someone to the sound group, you can go through to the program you
used to add the user, and add as an optional group, or you can edit
/etc/group directly.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Senior Systems and Administration Consultant