On Thursday 24 May 2001 12:16, Marcia Waller wrote:
> Dear All, I cannot print at all now in my LM8 with my Epson Stylus Color
> with cups+gimp driver. I did download the new cups, too. It will printout a
> test page and do the calibration but will not print from any application.
> If I try to print from an app. I just get tons of papers going through with
> sometimes some gibberish color and B&W print. When it does this, I then go
> to the terminal to cancel the jobs, but lpstat shows that there are no jobs
> and I cannot cancel them that way. I can from the website for cups but that
> is the only place.
>
> Are there some files that I can check on to find out what is going on or to
> get this to work? Again my printing worked fine in 7, 7.2, and works fine
> with my WIn98 on my laptop. I know that it is not the printer itself. When
> I first installed 8 the printer worked but the printing quality was
> terrible and even with changing resolution, etc, nothing improved. After
> trying many suggestions here plus reading on solutions, I just ended up
> messing it all up more. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so
> very much.
>
> Sincerely, Marcia
I thought I resolved my printer problem last night except for the quality.
When I went to the web cups admin and changed the resolution, the problems
only became worse. When I tried a test page it just would pour out paper
after paper with some print gibberish occasionally. I tried to cancel the
jobs from both the command line and from the web and neither have worked. The
jobs will not cancel. I have deleted all of my printers from the web and it
still does this kind of eternal printing. How do I cancel the jobs now? Also,
I want to get my printer working correctly. I have tried everything that I
can think of so far including all of your suggestions. Any help will be
greatly appreciated. Thank you. Marcia
--
Marcia Waller