Hi there,

I recently upgraded my Linux system to Mandrake 8.0 and boy it works
like a charm.  I went on the web site called www.linux-usb.org and it
mentioned that my scanner (UMAS Astra 1220U) was supported with a
certain version of Kernel.  Well, I have that version, but how do I
configure my system to recognize that there is a scanner on my USB
port?  The site wasn't really helpful, at least it didn't speak in
"English" where I could understand it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am regoing to the web site,
maybe it has it clearer (or my head will be) where I can get it.  I
will post that I got it if that is the case.

Please send me the message as a private message.  Thanks!

=====
Richard Wegner - Linux User - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NOTE: Derek Rayne is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER this is just an
e-mail address I chose!

"I don't do Windows" me (Proud Linux User)  ICQ #: 12781393