>> Skip, no offence, but it's not up to you what goes in the headers and
    >> what doesn't, if you're following the RFC rules.  Regardless, your
    >> reason for offering what should and shouldn't be done has proven in
    >> the past as a bad solution.  The choice to choose what should or
    >> shouldn't be done is up to the end-users.

No, certainly it's not up to me.  It's up to the administrators of the list.
I was merely offering my opinion, based upon lots of experience (mostly as
an email user) over the years, on many different mailing lists.  I've never
seen anybody forward a reply to a list with an embarassed prefix attached
that they inadvertently sent to just the original sender.  On the other
hand, I have seen plenty of times where people have apologized to a list for
having accidentally sent an inappropriate message to the list that was
intended just for one person.

--
Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(847)971-7098