I was working with stock mdk7.2. Now I have installed kernel 2.4.1 and
alsa drivers for sound. Now when I tried for mixer while in kde, first
mixer is shown as non existent and second one was working. Two other mixer
programs aumix and xmixer shows only one working mixer. I get sound for
xmms and but not for xawtv. Where as I get sound for xawtv with same
settings in modules.conf in RH6.2 with kernel 2.4.1 and alsa drivers. I
think may be original mixer set by base mdk7.2 is prohibiting sound for
xawtv. How to get over it?

--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA