Brett,

I had installed 7.2 and was also getting this.  The way to stop it from
happening is to manually go to that directory (as root), and do a touch of
that file.

If this doesn't solve it, make sure that you have *none* of the news
servers / programs installed (leafnode, inn, etc).

Michael
--
Michael Viron
Senior Systems & Administration Consultant