Webwasher has a linux version out now.  I used it in windows (still do if I
ever boot over there), and it was great.  I used it in Linux, also great.
However, I didn't install it when I upgraded <installed> this time because I
read someone in a ng saying that it leaves ports open and have yet to
investigate it any further.  Another thing I"m trying to get to.

anyway, for surfing there is webwasher and junkbuster for linux.  For kmail,
you will have to set filter rules, which for some things it's pretty easy.
But for spam, it's difficult, considering the addys used and all.  Don't use
html to rid yourself of  the ads that come in emails and if you don't want
the emails at all, set up a filter rule to sent them to the trash.
-s