Try this in /etc/modules.conf

# ALSA Portion
alias char-major-116 snd
#options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1 snd_device_mode=0666
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-es1938
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm1-oss

And use aumix, this work for me, and for total mix but not great sound use this:
esd -t /dev/dsp
xmms, using the esd plugin for output.
licq using esdplay (instead play) for it stuffs

Not a great sound, but is working, Anybody can help me with this?
Hope that help

Kheb