This is what you call a WINMODEM they use the OS (This case Windows) to
use the modem.
Linux does not support WINMODEMS.... Never will
You have to get a HARDWARE Modem or a External Modem.

On Wed, 30 May 2001 14:03:58 +0800 "Frederic O Kho"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Guys,
>
> Pls. help. I have Mandrake 8 installed and it could not detect my
> internal modem. The modem specs are:
>
> Manufacturer: Cirrus Logic, Inc.
> Chipset: CL-MD5620-DT
> Memory: 32K DSP RAM
> UART: 16550AN
>
> This modem works well in Windows. Any of you have this problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Deric

> www.edsamail.com

~ GiZiM ~
"Angelis Errare" - "Where Angels Lose Their Way"
"Due to rising energy costs, the light at the end of the tunnel has been
turned off untill further notice."
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.