I have tried the nvidia kernel and GLX 1.xx drivers and cannot run any games
other than the standard penguin comand and the *tris variants with the
exception of Chromium. What a well designed game by the way. Reminds me of my
days as a kid in the arcades. When I try mesa gears or reflection it runs for
a short time and locks up as well as Tux Racer. I get the splash screen and
nothing more. Q3 locks up at the splash screen as well.  I followed the
directions for the config file and added the required lines.
 I installed the drivers using the .RPM and have a geforce 2 mx PCI, on an
AMD k6-2 500, 256MB ram, ASUS P5a mobo.
 I know some of these may be some sort of Mesa conflict with the Nvidia
drivers but would really like to be able to use this card with Linux with the
success many of you have reported.
 John W