On Thursday 31 May 2001 12:57, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2001 13:27, OOzy Pal wrote:
> > No, no games. I don't play games. I just want Mandrake
> > to run fast enough. I used to have PIII 450 with Asus
> > AGP-V2740 (AGP Bus, Intel740TM accelerator) and
> > Mandrake was so slow. I hope nVIDIA runs fast enough.
> >
> > OOzy
>
> If you want it to run fast, put your money in memory and Disk drives,
> especially disks.  get a couple of 10000rpm SCSI drives and an Ultra-80 or
> a FibreChannel controller and watch the system fly.

well, that's exactly what i did. except i'm running ultrawide just. BUT
mandrake 8 doesn't seem to make the most of it, and i reduced to a snail like
14-15 Mb/s, when it should be 27-29Mb/s.
controler: iwill side 2936uwe (=advansys)
HD barracuda 9 gig st 39173
      ibm ultrastar 9 gig
whats going on?
advansys says that my controller is supported by the kernel. i thought linux
in general was happier on REAL hardware such as scsi. or is it a m8 "thing"?