I have a similar problem with my CD - it opens but the install program goes
straight into post install and does not attempt to read the second CD (nor
prompt for it).  It reports install successful but will not boot into
Mandrake 8.  The disks worked fine on another machine using the graphical
install (the problem is with text install).

Subject: [newbie] MANDRAKE 2ND CD INSTALL PROBLEM