On Friday 01 June 2001 20:10, OOzy Pal wrote:
> Hello
>
> When I got my system, it came with a free AOpen PCI
> Winmodem FM56-PM. Before I go and buy a new Linux
> compatible modem, I want to make sure that this modem
> won't work with linux. Does any one have any
> experience in running this modem under linux. See
> modem specs and link below:
>
> Model: FM56-PM
> Solution: Conexant single chip
> Controllerless V.90
> Modem/Fax (Kbps) : 56K / 14.4K
> V.90: YES
> ASVD: NO
> Caller lD/TAM: YES / YES
> PnP: YES
> Bus: PCI 2.1
>
> http://www.aopen.com/products/modem/fm56pm.htm

I went there, and I also downloaded and read their 127 page manual (xpdf
works well).  NOWHERE was there mentioned the FCC registration, which meant I
still had to parse

http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/20010531a.html

Manually.  This did not improve my attitude toward Silly WinModems, not even
one little bit.

Your modem does appear to be listed with this FCC ID

FELTAI-33947-M5-E

And the listing is in bright RED.  There is a Conexant driver, and it does
work with some conexant winModems, but this isn't, apparently one of them.
If you feel like investing a great deal of time, you might get it to work,
but it is definitely cheaper to go get a modem that is listed on the same
page with a GREEN bar on the left.

Civileme