Hey David,

I've got the same problems and have not been able to find a solution so
far. I've tested it with the older X and it still made crunches up
StarOffice/OpenOffice. My guess is that internally confuses cm and inch,
but I have no idea how to change that.
BTW: Changing fonts, sizes, or paper settings doesn't help.