tester8080 wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 June 2001 19:50, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
>
>>Same problem here. StarOffice "used" to install itself into the KDE
>>panel. In fact the installation still claimes it does that, but it
>>doesn't actually work. I suspect that the problem is with KDE 2.x. Too
>>many changes.
>>
>>Ric
>>
>>Simon Zarate wrote:
>>
>>>You can run StarOffice in konsole, go to directory and run ./soffice.
>>>You can make a shortcut to this link.  Remember,is possible that
>>>staroffice take 1 or two minutes to start, depending on your machine and
>>>the speed of your hard disk.
>>>
>>>Simon

> Well, try this
> KMenu->Configure Panel->Add->Button->Menu->Office->StarOffice
>
> Then you will have a panel button.

Yes, but you shouldn't have to. That's the point. StarOffice "claims"
that it installed the icon to the panel during install, and it doesn't
work. The question from the original poster was more wondering if it was
just him/her, or if everyone was having the same problem.

I think the answer is obvious:
Yes, everyone is having that problem.

Ric