I figured out the problem. My 6x86 p200 is low on resource. At least this is the
messege I get when installing mandrake 7.2.
I don't understand this as I have 40 megs of ram and I am installing it on a 6gig
hardrive. The first gig hardrive has win95. I decided to try a text install with
generic 800x600 resolution. That worked. After I changed the resolution and card to
non interlaced 1024x768.
Now I'm all set. As for the error message I could not see one because
when I went to reboot it would go to that strange blue/red flashing screen. I couldn't
even get to the console.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!