On Thursday 07 June 2001 00:46, Tom wrote:
> Is there a mail server that I can set up on LM 8.0??
>
> Not a client, but an SMTP mail server??
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
> http://1cis.com
> Free E-mail Servers with unlimited mailboxes
> 1st Class Internet Solutions

the question, my friend, is not 'is there one' but rather,
'which one'.  :)

www.qmail.org
www.sendmail.org

of course, these are linux programs...so they must not be
as 'standardized' or as 'secure' as microsoft products
which is why about 3 gazillion (or, a lot) mail servers are
using it.  :)

it seems like a good combo for email and server is qmail
and freebsd...just from what i've seen anyway.

good luck

--

+-----
+  Jeffrey M. Reed