I actually got mine fixed.  My network card wasn't wasn't working properly
and it was screwing up the software.  I replaced the SOHO card with a 3com,
reconfigured the network and it works fine.  Apparently, Applix has to be
able to resolve the host before it works properly.  Hope this helps.

BTW, the SOHO card is advertized as being supported by Linux, but even the
tulip.c driver that they supply, which you have to compile and install
yourself, does not work.  I think I'll make another post regarding this card
specifically, just to let people know.

Michael