At 08:24 AM 6/8/2001 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
>Ed Kasky wrote:
>
>>I can't figure out why I can't access floppy drive in LM8 install.
>>In Konqueror the floppy icon has a lock on it even when logged in as root.
>># cd /mnt/floppy results in the following:
>>bash: cd: /mnt/floppy: input/output error
>
>the floppy is probably not mounted

If the floppy were not mounted, would the light go on when I attempt to
access it?

>Does your floppy in fact have the vfat filesystem, otherwise supermount
>will not mount i, and then the cd will fail. Especially if yo use ext2 on
>your floppy...

It doesn't matter what file system is in the flopyy, I get the same
result.  I have tried accessing the boot disk made during install of
LM8  and a Win98 boot disk...

Is there a way to mount it so one can access it no matter the file system
or do you need to mount additional devices?

Ed
~~

Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe I'm lucky to be going so slowly, because
I may be going in the wrong direction.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant