For some reason, I have not been able to use SSL in Konqueror since
the early betas of KDE 2.1 (installed on LM 7.2), and I have been
forced to use another browser. For example, when I try to log into
Sourceforge.net (which requires SSL), the message I get is "The
process for the https://sourceforge.net protocol died unexpectedly."
The message is the same for other SSL sites, only with the URL
changed. Apparently Konqueror uses OpenSSL to implement SSL. I
currently have MandrakeSoft's official KDE 2.1.2 and OpenSSL RPM
updates for Mandrake 8.0 installed (and yes, I am now using LM 8.0
proper, not a hacked 7.x). The new version of kdelibs (2.1.2) was
supposed to fix a problem that was very similar to the one that I'm
experiencing (but apparently this fix is for HTTP, not HTTPS/SSL), but
it appears as if nothing has changed at all.

Anyone have a clue about this?

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson