-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ken Knecht
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 7:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Can't get on-line

I'm using MD 8, KDE 2, and kppp. The modem is an external US Robotics
56k.
Kppp says it has logged on successfully. However, I can't go anywhere
after
logging on with a browser. I tried Netscape and Konqueror and Mozilla.
None
seem to be able to go anywhere on the net. I tried addresses I know are
good like Google and addresses from their bookmark list.

I use the same primary and secondary DNS IPs that I use in W98's DUN
where
they work fine.

I wrote about this earlier and was told to try:

1) Adding CR at the end of /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
2) Commenting out 'Gateway' line in /etc/sysconfig/network

I used a '#' for the comment symbol and followed these instructions.

I haven't tried e-mail or news aps yet.

Any suggestions? Another modem program?

TIA

Ken