---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:38:59 +0530 (IST)
From: Mr S Ganesan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Sir,
I have downloaded the RH7.1 iso file from the site ftp.redhat.com
(63.240.14.62) and burnt both the CDs. These CDs are working fine in
ordinary single processor machines with IDE hard disks. But when I tried
to load RH7.1 on my dual processor 768 MB RAM machine with SCSI hard disk
and megaraid support it takes a long time to load the aic7xxx driver and
after selecting the needed softwares, the install does not complete and
the machine simply hangs without any indication of what is happening.
The same machine loads beautifully with the RH 6.2 and we have been using
it for nearly 8 months as our mail server. What is the problem with the RH
7.1 operating system?

--
S.Ganesan
Senior Scientist