Hi,

I'm running LM8 on a pentium 733, 384 MB RAM.  My problem is that when linux
is booting in graphical mode, it hangs on the XFont Server step, and there
seems to be nothing i can do to move on.  I switched the boot process to text
mode, and noticed that the xfont server step passed fine, and it was actually
the vnc server step that was causing problems.  When it hangs, i press enter
and the step fails - saying something about my password being too short or
something, but the rest of the steps successfully start and go into linux.  I
would like to know if anyone can help me fix this problem so linux boots
correctly on its own. Im not using VNC at the moment, but i would rather
change the configuration and keep it on the computer, rather than
uninstalling it, unless thats my only option.

thanks alot,
Jared