>From the Dell website -

Q What are Dell's plans for additional Red Hat Linux support for other Dell
systems and devices?
 A Dell currently offers Linux as an option on all PowerEdge Servers.
Additionally, Red Hat Linux is available on select configurations of our
Precision Workstations, OptiPlex and Dimension Desktops, and Latitude and
Inspiron Laptops. As Linux device driver support becomes available for
additional Dell Peripherals they will be evaluated for availability. For a
copy of the latest supported peripherals on Dell PowerEdge Servers, see
Supported Peripherals.

Q What is Dell doing to optimize Linux on your servers?
A Dell and Red Hat engineers work hand-in-hand to deliver the best selling
Linux available tuned on Dell servers and shipped with the necessary Dell
drivers.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/topics/linux_faq.htm

Dell has a
Whenever a