Don't know why the Matrix ain't included, I've asked before myself and didn't
get an answer.  Must have been some kind of problem with it tho.  However, I
do know why there appear to be many more screensavers than show up in your
xscreensaver option list.  Many of the ones installed are for gnome.  Go over
in there and you will see a bunch of different ones.
-s