Hi,
    I just finished installing LM8 on a Dell Inspiron 8000. The machine
comes with the Actiontec combo modem/10/100 nic built in. I have read in
other forums that the lucent drivers work for this particular card.
    I downloaded the rpm for my particular kernel and installed it.
    I can dial out to my isp and connect no problem.

However, when I open Konqueror and use any internet address it gives me the
error message 'unknown host' . This is the exact same message I get if I try
to go on the net before connected with the modem.

Is there a setting where I have to 'tie' the web browser to the kppp dial up
utility?

Also, anyone with the same setup, I would appreciate an XF86Config-4 file
that sets out more than one screen resolution.

Thanks,
Bill W.