Yes, there is no latinamerican keyboard in the installation. But do try
`xmodmap   /usr/share/xmodmap/xmodmap.la'

It is standard with LM8 and many other distros, and it gives you the
latinamerican
version of the spanish keyboard. In addition, you have quite a good list
of additional
keyboard layouts in /usr/share/xmodmap/

Of course, you can add aliases for the commands, if you are going to
switch often
(as I do) between three of four languages.

Andres Villaveces