On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 02:12, Romanator wrote:
> Romanator wrote:
> > Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > > Did you install IBM's WINE? It looks like you have. You need to
> > > use that, not the generic WINE Project WINE. You can have both
> > > installed at the same time, they won't interfere with each
> > > other.
> > >
> > > All I can say is to try uninstalling and then reinstalling it
> > > again from the command line (not a graphical tool). That has
> > > worked for me on more than one occasion.

> > Argh! It isn't working. I'll try again.
>
> Hi all,
>
> I fixed it but the rpms do not add an icon to kpanel. You will have
> to add it in manually.
> Some notes:
> The rpm installation installs IBM Home Builder to the /opt/hpbuilder
> 4 folder.
> However, the problem was that it needed a database rebuild. If you
> run into a similar problem, try the steps below:
>
> 1. Log in as root, open a console window, and type in: rpm
> --rebuilddb Press the [enter] key. Give it a little time
> 2. Log out of the console and close the window
> 3. Log in as user and open a console window
> 4. To start up the IBM Home Builder, type in hpbuilder -e
> Press the [enter] key.
>
> Enjoy the program, I know am.

Just out of curiousity, are you using XFree 4.x or 3.x? When I tried
using it some months ago it hosed my X font server. Hidden in one of
the readme files was a note saying not to use it in XFree 4.x. If you
manged to get it going in XFree 4, I should be able to use it too.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson