At 11:58 15.06.01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi -
>I want to change the order of the operating systems in GRUB.  I want to make
>another operating system the default when the system starts up.
>
>Any ideas?  Can it be done from anywhere else outside of Linux too? (can I
>edit it somehow from dos, etc.)  I have LM7.2.
>
>Thanks!
>Jason

the file to edit is /boot/grub/menu.lst (could be slightly different, i'm not
at my mandrake machine right now). in 8.0 you can also set it from the
mandrake control center by choosing 'edit' for the entry in question. as
for editing it from 'outside' of linux i don't know; there's explore2fs (or sth
like that) which let's you access the linux file system but i'd definitely
*not* use that to fiddle with my linx configuration.

hth, martin