Upgrading 7.2 to 8.0 is not really a recommended exercise, despite it
being an installation option. This is because there have been many
changes made between 7.2 and 8.0, so an upgrade is quite likely to
break something. Upgrading also takes far longer, since your system
must be analysed to see *how* it can be upgraded -- something that
doesn't need to be done with a clean installation.

If everything appears fine afterwards, then you should have nothing to
worry about. If you go to a console screen (press ctrl+alt+F1), you
should see the version number of your Mandrake displayed on the screen.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson