On Wednesday 20 June 2001 00:56, Adriano Grassi wrote:
> Hi I just installed 8.0 and I am not really familiar with
> iptables but I am familiar with ipchains, how can I use
> ipchains instead of iptables? What's the difference
> between then, except syntax? Which one is better?
> Thanks for your time.
>

> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Adriano

ipchains is an admin tool that you can install from the 8.0
disks if you look on them:

rpm -q ipchains - to see if it's installed on your system
rpm -ivh ipchainsxx - to install it from the CD

you need to enable ipchains compatibility in the kernel by

lsmod - to see if the kernel module has already been loaded
insmod ipchains - this command will hopefully load the
ipchains module into your 8.0 kernel...or...you can simply
make a new kernel with the ipchains compatibility built in!

good luck and i hope this helps.

--

+-----
+  Jeffrey M. Reed