Tuan,

many thanks. After spending 1.5 days trying to get my printer working from my Mandrake
box I finally managed within one hour using CUPS.

Cheers,
Norman

>>> "Tuan Duc Tran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/20/01 03:12am >>>
Well,
The best way to setup is using CUPS.
First, I assumed you installed CUPS
Second, you need to open browser (Ex. Netscape) and type
http://localhost:631 it will ask you ROOT & password.
from this page you can add new printer. When it ask you the port; select
app/jet direct.
It will show "socket://   ". you need to type: socket://(your printer server
IP):9100) (EX. socket://192.168.0.1:9100). It will ask you to select printer
and it also ask you if you want to print a test page. I use Jetdirect170 so
I put IP:9100. If it does not work with your print server, try to use 9101
or 9102.
FYI, It seem like my printer prints slower when I use Linux but it does good
job.
Tuan