-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rodney Lorimor
Sent: Wednesday, 20 June 2001 10:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] sendmail installation problem

I'm having difficuly installing sendmail on a Mandrake 8.0 system. I've
done a fresh install and made sure that postfix wasn't installed.
I have the following packages:
        sendmail-8.11.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
        sendmail-cf-8.11.3-1mdk.i586.rpm
        sendmail-doc-8.11.3-1mdk.i586.rpm

When I attempt to install I get the following failed dependencies:

[root@mudongsan u]# rpm -Uvh sendmail*
error: failed dependencies:
        cyrus-sasl is needed by sendmail-8.11.4-2mdk
        libsfio.so.1999   is needed by sendmail-8.11.4-2mdk

I've searched both this list and the expert list archives and haven't
found any reference to this problem. I've looked for packages that may
contain the above files and either I'm issuing rpm with the incorrect
options or the missing files above are no where to be found on my system.

Has anyone run across this? Have I just missed it in my search?

tia

----
(o-  Rodney Lorimor   "Just Another Day in Paradise"   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
//\  Spectre Enterprises      Linux Networking       Spokane, WA USA
V_)_